I am very excited to announce the long-awaited book by my nutrition guru, Dr. Michael Greger. Folks, this is a revolutionary breakthrough in medical research that will blow your minds! Pick up a copy by visiting NutritionFacts.org. This is the book that will change your life forever. Would make a great holiday gift asContinue reading “How Not to Die”
Photo a Day – JULY Day #21 – FAVORITE FOOD © Stacy Alexander – 2013 I struggled with using this photo today. Apart from the fact that it is a good food photo and that the food itself was outstanding, the staff at the restaurant where we ate this delightful vegan cuisine was so rudeContinue reading “Day #21 – FAVORITE FOOD”
Day #7 – Drink Photo a Day – June Stacy Alexander ©2012 This is the juice upon which I have existed for the last 9 days. It is part of the aforementioned Reboot Your Life diet. Some people do it to cleanse. Some people do it to lose weight. Some people do it simply becauseContinue reading “Day # 7 – Drink”
I am on a juice fast at the moment. It is a spiritual practice and is also something that makes me feel really good. My daughter, Stacy, Jr. turned me on to the “Reboot Your Life” program. John and I did it together awhile back, for 15 days. It made us both feel so good that we decided to try it again.
My husband is also doing it just as I am, only in the evenings, I fix a meal for him. I make the juice, which consists of organic fruits and veggies only. And the meals I cook are also nothing but organic fruits and veggies. A little olive oil and salt is ok.
Here is how I cooked tonight’s stirfry:
1. Begin with 1/2 yellow bell pepper and a nice shallot. Cook for a few minutes in a little olive oil.
2. Add a nice garnet yam, chopped into chunks.
3. Add some broccoli florets and cook for about 3 minutes.
4. Add some shitaki mushrooms, whole.
6. Cover and steam for a few minutes. You want to leave the broccoli crisp, so only steam about 2-3 minutes.
7. Give everything one gentle stir. Next, it’s time for the secret ingredient!
8. Add the freshest, sweetest organic pineapple you can find. Cut into large chunks and put on top of the stir fry. Then cover, cook for 1 minute and, without removing the lid, turn off head and allow all ingredients to steam for awhile. As the pineapple steams, its juice seeps down and covers the other vegetables, imparting them with a rich, full flavor.
FINALLY! Toss on a little smoked sea salt and serve!
Absolutely delicious, very low cal and good for you!