A shout out to my friend, Kev, who sent me this question. If you are a writer, or thinking about becoming one, I think it is a good question to ask when you are doing character sketches. Here is the question and my own answers:
“If I were to depict you in my novel, what 20 characteristics would you have?”
- I must have fresh flowers in my house at all times.
- Lemon water is my drink of choice….preferably with Meyer lemons.
- However, I also drink a lot of coffee and exotic teas.
- I do not speak in ambiguous terms.
- I generally speak softly and am quiet and introspective.
- I listen more than I speak.
- I am a Scorpio and the majority of my friends are Scorpio.
- I’ve seen fire and I’ve seen rain.
- I attract loud, rambunctious, intelligent and funny people.
- I have a titillating and delicious secret….and speaking of that… René Best guitarist
- I laugh a lot.
- The number of beautiful shoes that I own is probably illegal in some states.
- I meditate….every day…several times a day.
- I have a penchant for the Japanese aesthetic (wabi-sabi).
- I am a devout vegetarian and (am told) a great cook.
- I rarely go anywhere without my camera.
- I am a grad student at Southern New Hampshire University
- Guitarist Guitar Guitarist Guitar Guitarist
- I work many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many hours a week. MANY of them. Many.
- I tend to arrive late and leave early.
- I am also attracted to the midcentury modern aesthetic and my living room reflects this.
- I am an intelligence junkie.
- I am an enthusiast of the excellent book and/or film.
- I do yoga. …not well, but I do it.
- Dislike speaking on the phone….except …well….never mind.
- Seldom sleep. It’s a curse.
- Am politically active.
- Have a documentary project, a novel, a cookbook and a book of poetry in the works.
Ok, Kev….write your story! 😉